Hello dearest readers!
I just want to share this recipe with you from Lindsaylovesveggies.com. It is super nutritious, anti-inflammatory, and completely safe to eat if you’re starting to eat clean or doing the elimination diet. 🙂
Not only is this recipe light in calories – but it also contains quinoa which makes this meal a complete protein. The vegetables also help to provide rich variety of nutrients and colour to your plate.
Kale, which is also known sometimes as the King of Vegetables, is so rich in Vitamin K, A and C – so be sure to chew your meal as carefully as possible so that you can absorb as many nutrients from your food 😉
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1.5 cups kale, chopped and de-stemmed
- 2 T pumpkin seeds
- 3 T olive or flax oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice or juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 t dried thyme
- 1/4 t garlic powder
- 1/8 t sea salt
- 1/8 t black pepper
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the thyme-lemon dressing.
2. In a large bowl, combine the quinoa, veggies, and dressing until well combined.
3. Separate into two portions, top them with pumpkin seeds, and serve.