If you like quiches – this one is for you!
I’ve been delving more into food photography lately, so this one was taken with professional lighting equipment 🙂
Quiches are my new favourite go to meal, and they’re super simple to make.
This quiche only took about 10 minutes to prep and whip up, and the baking time took approximately 40 minutes to bake.
Here are the ingredients that you will need:
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups shredded/grated Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 zucchini, chopped (you can add more or less depending on how many veggies you like to include)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
Optional: I also added 2 tablespoons of organic Greek yogurt and a drizzle of almond milk to make the quiche rise more in the pan.
Note: you can also substitute the vegetables I used for any other vegetables – such as kale, broccoli, or cauliflower.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9 inch pie pan with coconut oil or butter.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and zucchini and cook until they are softened. Add in spinach and continue cooking until excess moisture has evaporated.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, grated cheese, sea salt and pepper. Add the onions, spinach, and zucchini mixture and mix it altogether to blend. Once it’s mixed, place it into a pie pan.
4. Bake in the preheated oven until eggs have set, which is approximately 30-45 minutes until the outside is golden brown. Allow it to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Traditionally, quiches are baked into a pie crust but a lot of my readers are gluten free so I skipped the crust.
To make this recipe more economical, use vegetables that are in season and on sale for a low price. You can do bell peppers, squash, broccoli, or anything else you want. Even mushrooms, other types of cheese (including feta, parmesan, and mozzarella, or vegan cheese as an alternative – although I can’t say how vegan cheese will taste in a quiche).
Enjoy your quiche and have baking it! 😉
Lisa Macy says
Thank you, Lisa!